“To make good software, requires lots of thought, trial and error, evaluation, iteration, trying the ideas out on other users, learning, thinking, more trial and error, and on and on. At some point you say it ain’t perfect, but it’s useful, so let’s ship.” – Dave Winer
Disclaimer and License
THE ScriptingRT library IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS,” AND WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO ITS FUNCTIONALITY, OPERABILITY, OR USE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR INFRINGEMENT. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, LOSSES RESULTING FROM BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR LEGAL THEORY UNDER WHICH THE LIABILITY MAY BE ASSERTED, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The ScriptingRT source code is published under the GNU GPL v2 license. The scriptingrtXXX.swc library, the manual, and all examples files on this page are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license, which allows for both personal and commercial derivative works, as long as they credit ScriptingRT and release their products under the same license.
Note that this software is BETA. Likewise, the manual is still updated regularly. We currently run experimental tests to evaluate the performance of ScriptingRT. We have enough data to believe that ScriptingRT can reliably replicate standard, robust effects online. Everything else is, as always, subject of further research! You can download the software and start developing.
By downloading the software from this page, you agree to the specified terms.
ScriptingRT files, updated 26.03.2013. See bugs page for problems in this release
- car.bat for compiling and running (edit it to adapt it to your folders)
- Source code is available from github
Links to other tools and documentation
- Adobe Flex SDKs – we recommend downloading the latest release, 4.6, as well as 4.1. We currently develop mainly with 4.6, but we started with 4.1, and still find bugs that are caused by changes in 4.6.
- Notepad++ for Windows or Mac
- Standalone Flash Player: Go to http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html, and search for the Windows Flash Player Projector, download and install it.
- Adobe Flex 4.6 reference as one PDF file